Monday, April 12, 2010

Revisited : Dim Sum (Gadong)


The Appetiser. Look at it. Compare it with a shot i have back in the past. See the difference? Link : appetiser.

They replaced it with peanuts instead of grounded nuts like the one in the past. It's also drier now. Lost it's soury juicy taste that i savoured last time. Wait. I think it lost some chillies too. Should be some if I din't recall wrongly.

Losing all it's pros has turned this into a fail. Cuz it's now tasteless and rediculous compared to the past and it cost 2 bucks for it ... take that to heart people ...

But don't abandon all hope yet thou. It's already been quite some time when I tested this out. Mabe they'll come to light and renew the appetiser to it's former glory?


The Fried Carrot Cake - Don't think i've tried it before here. Not really wanting to comment on it as i didn't really impress me at all.

Only one thing took to light is the taste of the carrot cake. It's too strong. They need to tone down the carrot cake and emphasize more on the frying, egg, tauge and sause used instead. the carrot cake has awe so awfully covered all the taste up already.




Siew Mai - I honestly could not remember anything about eating this at all ... I wonder how'd it go?



Har Kaw & Char Siew Bun - The pictures looks yummy already. I remember Har Kow still being quite the same as Har Kaw & Har Kaw with the skin having it's own unique taste of shrimp and it's fresh prawn/shrimp. Actually, it's pretty standard for proper Har Kaw, but this is in brunei now, and that makes a difference.

The Bun is another story. It doesn't look yummy either. I remember it's not steaming juicy inside when I ate it. I like my meat buns to be sweat, salty, juicy and steaming with glory! Especially when you peel it open to reveals it's glorious red oozing out of the white steam buns!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *