Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Moon - No, it's not a Moon Addiction.

I'm experimenting the best way to take the moon with this Camera for the coming full moon.

DSCN1208

And I sure learnt something today =)

I'm now able to reduce the glow around the Moon every time I take the shot by increasing the shutter speed 1 step.

I'm now taking the shot at around 1/400 shutter speed to reduce the lights coming into my Lens depending on the surrounding light. In some lighting conditions, I had to reduce the speed to 1/30 when the sky becomes darker.

To find out which setting is suitable faster, I'd use the camera's auto mode's setting as a reference point, and switch to Manual mode then fine tune the settings from there.

It isn't really that hard to drop straight into the Manual Mode, but this camera's response isn't as fast as the big brother DSLRs, so it's quite annoying sometime, especially when you're not familiar enough with the camera's sensitivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *