Friday, August 19, 2016

Nikon CoolPix P900 - Short Review and Sold for Funding

I sold my Nikon Coolpix P900, sadly.

It was a great camera, thou with an interchangeable Lens, it boosted an 83x optical zoom, 24mm - 2000mm. You could see so far away, and yet so clear and snap a photo that you've wouldn't be able to if it was with any other conventional camera. Bless the VR on it for those shaky hands too. You'll definitely need it when you're shooting 2000mm away when your hands.

I loved the P900. It's feature filled to assist any newb users take a snap of the world with the best auto settings available to you hassle free. Just set it and forget it. Usually, it'll get the right settings for you faster than you could switch to manual and set the settings yourself.

For those more enthusiast with power hungry needs for control over the shot or custom shots, PSAM is there for you as well, tweak to your hearts delight.

I also like the fact that it's so easy to take the shot of a clear moon. It's so easy in fact, that all you need to do is just zoom in to the moon with the massive 2000mm lens.

Other than the bulk, I wouldn't mind having this camera with me for the last minute go to camera for travelling or casual outings, any day. It's light and versatile.

Things I didn't really like about the camera, but still loves the camera ...
 - small sensor size, just slightly above a smartphone's camera.
 - large size, larger than some mid size dslr, but bless the lens optical zoom on it!
 - short battery life
 - stops at f8
 - no manual focus rings
 - no manual zoom rings

Sadly, because I needed funding, I've sold my P900 off to another enthusiast.

Cheers, have a good life P900. I'll be sure to buy you again (your successors) when funding is more flexible in the near or far future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *