Sunday, December 13, 2009

Deep Fried Paste Shrimp with Salted Egg @ Dim Sum (Gadong)



Hmm .. never tried anything like this before. It looked awesome on the menu, but when the dish came, look at the screenshot. It looks like it shrunk and shriveled or something. Lost a lot of volume and spunk compare to the picture in the menu. lol.

The skin is fried. Kinda solid and hard to chew off too. Salted Egg in the center. And underneath the salted egg is a piece of dried seaweed covering the bottom of the salted egg.

The first thing I noticed as I ate this ... was what I mentioned above ... hard to chew off. You also can't really taste the Shrimp as the taste of the Seaweed has covered or overwhelmed the Shrimp. The salted egg is what it is. Just salty.

Perhaps when you guys reading this post reads it, you can try dropping the whole thing in your mouth and see if the mixed taste any better then what I initially tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *