Sunday, December 13, 2009

Roast Honey Glaed Chicken (Roasted Honey Chicken Char Siew?) @ Dim Sum (Gadong)




Here's a dish with a unique name, Glaed? I think a more common name for it is Roasted Honey Chicken Char Siew?

First look at it in person, and I thought, it doesn't look roasted enough. Looks soft. Looks fatty.
Well, I'm right! It's not roasted enough to be called roasted!

The skin is soft. Making it fatty and slightly yucky. Well. I don't like fat and soft skins you see.
The sauce is on the sweet side with a mixture of honey in the taste.
Texture of the chicken is ok, but I'd remove the skin if it was that icky.

Only problem with this is still the roasted parts. I don't consider this roasted at all.

Just imagine if it was roasted enough, you'd chew even the skin!
Slightly salty taste from the roast mix with a sweet taste of te sause with honey.
ummph. But too bad that ain't what happened.

If anyone get the chance to eat it wholly roasted. Heck. Describe it to me ...
I'm ok with the taste, but it was way below par and slightly icky being an "un" roast dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *