Thursday, March 25, 2010

Watan Ho @ Dafu/Tafu (Bunut)


As I'm working around this area this few days, I've been mealing over at this restaurant.

Yesterday, I went back to my original habit to test out the Watan Ho in every restaurant I eat in for more than once (I usually forget on the first time).

This is my first Watan Ho in this restaurant. And it's the second day I'm eating here.

The things I like about their Watan Ho, is actually not really the main taste adder to it ... well, read on.

I like the way they present their meat. They slice it! They slice it thin. Prolly around 4 to 5 mm thick. An inch and a half wide. That makes it easy to chew on, easy to go into your mouth and easy to taste it better. I like it.

They even did it to their fish cake as well. Sliced it thin and wide. Slightly thinner I think. Prolly around 3 mm thick or so. Well ... I hate thick fish cake ... and that includes fish balls ...

The prawn ... quite big ... still fresh you can say ... better than those frozen over hell type with sold fresh already ... but big prawns carry their fishy smell/taste with them. The bigger they are, the more the smell/taste they give out. That's also teh reason why I don't eat large prawns. This prawn ain't that big. So the taste is still ok for me. Not so strong and not so bad :) And I like a fresh prawn :)

Now ... for the Watan Ho itself. SAUCE! What I'd say huh? Watan Ho is a Sauce base Kuey Tiaw.
The sauce is too little. It gets absorbed in really fast! And the egg base is not enough! Where's the taste? I want saulty egg sauce!

Keywords : More Sauce. More Egg. More ... Starch? oO. More Saltiness ... no salt please >.> And no white colored Watan sauce too ... sigh ...

Don't get the wrong idea thou. It don't taste bad. It's very edible. Especially combined with the slices =)
It's just not what I'm looking for only. Ulti Watan Ho Special ++ !!! Lol! J/k!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *