So far, it's looking quite good with the practice shots I've been taking these few days, thou I'm not entirely satisfied with my shots up till now, but I'll take it as it is as I couldn't:
- Set up a proper tripod in place to take a still shot of the moon, nor could I afford a really good tripod and associated mounts and head for the job. So I've been taking moon shots on a 2000mm telephoto lens using my hands while leaning the camera and myself against something like the fence, top of the car, table, rails, whatever I could make use of at the time.
- Afford a Full Frame camera, or at least a APS-C sized sensor inside. I'm now only relying on a camera with a sensor size just mm's away from the size of a normal smartphone ... 1/2.3" Sensor.
Here's the first practice shot I took just days ago on the 13th of May, 2016.
It's a Half Moon. The image is rotated to align it like so.
It's a Half Moon. The image is rotated to align it like so.

Here's my second shot I took on the next day, 14th May 2016.
I didn't rotate the shot this time and left it as it is.
I still preferred the moon from the previous day.
More training needed....
I didn't rotate the shot this time and left it as it is.
I still preferred the moon from the previous day.
More training needed....

And here's a shot from today. 17th May 2016.
I couldn't find a good shot honestly.I had a good, high spot.
I had a solid rail I could rest my camera on.
I had the moon nicely in place for me to take the shot.
But still I couldn't get a beautiful, clear shot that I won't need to edit.
Could this be the limit of the Camera?
Close ... but I hope not. Cuz I've still got a lot of mileage to go for this camera, especially to last me a million years till I can fund my own full fledged, full frame, sexy hot feature rich DSLR with an assortment of Lens at my disposal. With a dang good tripod to boot!

As you can see, all my shots are of a different style with no standardized format, filtering, editing or anything. Hey, I'm still an inexperienced amateur, haha. It's cuz I'm still experimenting with everything. That's why you'll see many different styles popping up =)
Now with the Full Moon coming up this weekend, I hope I'm ready enough to take the best shot I can with my current camera. Also good to pray for a clear sky before that and maybe check the weather forecast first too ...
Now with the Full Moon coming up this weekend, I hope I'm ready enough to take the best shot I can with my current camera. Also good to pray for a clear sky before that and maybe check the weather forecast first too ...
No comments:
Post a Comment