Thursday, November 24, 2016

Little girl tells daddy not to kill the mosquitoes

Really,  the title almost says it all.

I'd never thought I'd hear it myself from my own little girl.

We've read all about this in article and jokes or stories from social media. But who would've thought that it happened for real?

Here's my part of the experience:

It all happen this afternoon.

I was sitting at the table typing away at my laptop when my little girl approached me holding her toy.

As she was talking to me,  i caught a glimpse of a mosquito flying across our face and
i single handedly reached out my hand to grab the mosquito.

I didn't get the mosquito ofcuz and we've no idea where it went after that.

Suddenly,  this little girl told her daddy.

The mosquito is flying to look for his mommy and daddy mosquito...

I was kinda speechless.  My brain was going thru all the shud say and shudnt say consequences scenario,  and I replied with a carwfully placed "Okay...",  slowly to her...  Knowing that i shud thread carefully here.

To clarify if i understood her correctly,  i asked her again why,  she repeated the same reasoning that the mosquito was going to look for his mummy and daddy. And that the mosquito would be sad if he couldn't find them...

Hmmm, much clarity added. She isn't talking about something random...

I then replied,  "but the mosquito will bite you."

She replied saying,  "no... the mosquito did not bite me".

Being the adult here, I ofcuz didnt wanted to pick and argument since she wouldn't have understood me much anyway.

So I let it slide naturally. Whose gonna fight anyone's good natured will anyway? I sure won't.

After several minutes, I wanted to test her again, just to be sure.

I approached her and asked if i can kill mosquitoes,  in general.

She shook her head and said "no".

I kindly steps away and replied with an "Okay" in compliant.

She definitely still remembers and is probably serious when she said those words.

She'll also most likely forget about it too in few days. Haha.

Wow, did someone feed her some stories like this or did this just happened naturally from maybe some cartoons with similarities...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *