Thursday, November 24, 2016

Cafe De Paris - DimSum & Lunch

Heya everybody, thanks for patronizing my thoughts on these foods.

At the end of the day, do remember to keep in mind that these are all my opinions only and our taste and preferences are all difference.




Watan Ho
Not so bad. Smooth Egg all over with generous toppings and reasonable pricing.

Taste was OK too. The Kway Tiao was fried till they clumped up, but that's the way quite a lot of people are doing it, so you'll have to mix the sauce around it first before you can dine.

Rate
Delicious: 5/10 (ok)
Portion: 5/10 (normal portion)
Price: Fair (priced nicely in the market)




Siew Mai
The most common type of Dim Sum.

Almost everyone's DimSum is kinda yellow, but look at the pic of this one, is like it was bleached.
It's always been like that here thou. So is the taste.

Rate
Delicious: 3/10 (not nice but still edible)
Portion: 5/10 (normal portion)
Price: Average (normal pricing)




Spare Ribs/Paikut
This was one of the best, usually I'd have them at night which taste real good, but this lunch today, they tasted subpar ... don't know why.

Benefit of the doubt, try this at night. =P

Rate
Delicious: 5/10 (ok)
Portion: 5/10 (normal portion)
Price: Average (normal pricing)




Sin Chu Kin
This is not where I would go for sin chu kin (chi chu kin as some other place will call it).

Their ingredient includes alot of mushroom in them that you can see them black shrooms under the wrap all over.

The mushroom taste is too strong for me that I actually dislike the taste.

Rate
Delicious: 3/10 (not good, but I won't puke even if i take it :)
Portion: 5/10 (normal portion)
Price: Average (normal pricing)




Fried Wet Mee (-ve vege)
The portion is big. I'm surprised.
The Watan Ho paled incomparison in the portion department.
I wonder if it's cuz i asked for no vege on this dish?

This is not the placed I'd go to if I was craving for Fried Wet Mee/Noodles thou, but this one here ain't so bad either. The toppings is very generous too.

Rate
Delicious: 5/10 (ok)
Portion: 7/10 (big portion with generous amounts of chicken)
Price: Average (normal pricing)




Lemon Wheat Grass
Something taste odd.
I think the lemon was soaked in there for too long cuz there's some bitter taste in it.
I didn't drink it straight away ...

The wheat grass syrup taste a little bit odd too, but it's not the first place that I've tasted it before.

Usually, drinks dun get odd. Prolly the lemon's bitterness caused a change in the taste.

Rate
Delicious: 4/10 (still ok really)
Portion: 4/10 (I dislike it when ice takes up most of the space in the cup)
Price: Average (normal pricing)




Salad Prawn
Here is the star of the Restaurant!
I've always loved their Salad Prawn. It's the best I've tasted so far.

It's crispy wraps are thin and it has a salty taste to it (probably mixed with salt solution?).
The prawn taste so ever fresh I wonder how they do it? Their Prawn is always fresh.

It comes served with it's mayonaise but really, it's so tasty you don't need no mayonaise.

Grab a bite today, you won't regret it.
It's my favourite Salad Prawn!

Rate
Delicious: 9/10 (yummy for my tummy)
Portion: 5/10 (one dish is never enough when it comes to yummy stuff)
Price: does price even matters? it's so good that price has no more meaning here. (actually i forgot how much it cost =P)




I've been picky about food since I was a child that there are tons of food that I can't eat, or rather refuse to eat.
But for those that I do eat, take note that I am quite critical in tasting my food.
I will sometimes point out what ingredients it's lacking or needs more of, or has too much that it spoils the dish.

So anyway, add a little bit of salt to your reading, and dine away.

Cheers xD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *