SUBARU
I've always been a Subaru fan since young, it all started when I first heard the deep exhaust note of a GC8 slowly rumbling pass me at a crawling speed as I sat there on the sidewalk near the ferry port with a couple of ruffians back in the days.
I explicitly said then, the exhaust sounds so nice.
But being a kid back then with no employment, it was beyond a dream to own a subaru.
It never even crossed my mind to one day own one.
The price back then was way out of league for someone who was probably still in high school, unemployed, no savings, lives off no allowance and hangs out with some rough edge people.
Back then, all i could think of was getting a Toyota Soluna or Mazda Astina / 323 at best, not that I could afford those, but it was a plan when I eventually start working. It was the closest to being sporty and affordable/budget back in those days. By the time I got out of school, these 2 cars was already obsolete. Hahaha.
I guess that was beyond 10 to 20 years ago ... It's been a really long time.
Best to clarify, I have no interest in any other models of Subaru other than Imprezza and Forester Series, and I prefer to have mine with turbos ;)