
I usually eat Watan Ho in almost every place I go that has it in Brunei.
I don't know why thou.
It doesn't look impressive here, especially in the picture taken above. It looks pale, yellowish pale from the egg yolk. Aesthetic fail, but we're talking more bout the taste here, aren't we :)
We first tested the sauce ... definitely nice. Salty enough, although it looks so yellow in color too.
The Chicken meat was nice too. It was soft and chewing it was easy. It breaks apart nicely while still maintaining it's solidity. Mixed with the sauce, the simple chicken meat can do wonders.
Sadly, the Kuay Teow was badly fried. Chinese would refer to that as under fried, meaning not fried enough. It was white, and not so much of a fried taste.
But after only sampling is for a bit, I left it alone and tried the other dishes.
When I came back to it ... everything was horrible already.
The sauce dried up, all absorbed by the Kuay Teow and some probably evaporated (not likely thou). Everything went down hill then when I ate it. uck. Haha, shouldn't have waited, thou it wasn't too long.
One thing they could have done thou, is adding more sauce to the dish. First by frying the Kuay Teow further more, then pour the sauce onto the Kuay Teow and let it simmer for a while under low/medium fire maintaining the heat there. Alternatively, they could also add more starch to the sauce to make it ticker to accommodate the lack of sauce issue.
Just my Food for Thought ...
This watanho does not look appetising! The chef is amateurish
ReplyDeleteThis watanho does not look appetising! The chef is amateurish
ReplyDelete